Facebook is the top trendiest social networking site. It’s the best platform to get connected with your loved ones. People who have not seen and talked for more than decades can now get connected on Facebook and have their sweet chats and share their beautiful moments. Parents whose children are miles away can see them on their own phones. Really Facebook has made the world smaller.
While Creating a Facebook account, first thing you have to do is have the name of your Facebook account. Whether you create a personal account or business page you should give a name. Facebook is a social site community where everyone uses the name they go by in their everyday life so that you always know who you’re connecting with.
2.936 billion people uses Facebook worldwide. You can search for people by typing names in the search button which is located on the left top side of the page. If they keep their own real name, we can find them and get connected easily.
But have you ever want to change your name or keep any other suitable name for the account? Do you know you can change your account name?
Facebook have given an option to change your name. You can change your name after every 60 days following some rules that Facebook community has made. You are not allowed to change your name frequently.
You need to follow few steps to change your name on Facebook.
To change your name on Facebook using mobile phone
- In the top right of Facebook, click on profile picture.
- Scroll down and click on “Settings and Privacy” option, then click on “Settings”.
- Click on “General” option from the list.
- Click on “Name” option and then click “Edit” option.
- Enter your name and click “Review Change”.
- At last, enter your Facebook account’s password and click “Save Changes”.
Lets discuss the steps to change your name on Facebook in detail
Step 1: Tap on profile picture in the top right of Facebook.
Step 2: After clicking on the profile icon go down, click “Settings and privacy”, and then click “Settings” option.
Step 3: After entering “Setting” option, click “General” option from the list.
Step 4: Click on “Name” and go to “Edit” option.
Step 5: Enter the name you like to keep and click on “Review Change”.
You can choose your name you want to change and click on Review Changes button.
Step 6: Enter your Facebook password and click on “Save Changes” option.
Some time you may face trouble while changing your name. It may occur because:
- If your name doesn’t follow Facebook’s name policy
Here are some things which is not allowed during changing name in Facebook.
- Numbers, symbols, unusual capitalization letters, repeating characters or punctuation
- Characters from different languages
- Titles of any kind (example: any professional, any religious).
- Words or phrases in place of a name you want to keep.
- Offensive or suggestive words of any kind if any.
2. You just changed your name in the last 60 days, or you tried to change it too frequently.
3. You were previously asked to confirm your name on Facebook.
Facebook also has made some rules while changing the name. You can also see this in Facebook site too. We have to follow the rules regarding changing the name. Things to keep in mind while changing name:
- The name on your profile should be the name that you are being called in your everyday life.
- Nicknames can be used as a first or middle name if they’re a variation of your authentic name (such as Bob instead of Robert).
- You can also list another name on your account (example: nickname, professional name).
- Profiles are for individual use only. You can make a business page or organization page.
- Pretending to be anyone else or anything isn’t allowed.
If you follow all these, you are good to go to change your name.
Related Articles: How to Change Facebook password?